Monday, October 17, 2011

Tea and Eucalyptus

My first venture into eco dyeing has rapidly led to my second - I fear this could rapidly become habit forming.  
This time it was a second go for my eucalyptus leaves and to liven things up I popped in a few tea bags. 
The results were really impressive and were enhanced by the dye migration from the coloured silk which was left stitched onto the sleeve lining on this kimono silk.
It should probably come as no surprise that the undyed piece is currently bubbling away.
I'm almost certain that it will bear little relation to its pre-dyed companion sleeve. Time will tell.

1 comment:

Jacky said...

Wow...what fantastic results. It is quite addictive this eco dyeing isnt it? Nice to have some individual style fabrics and the colours are so mellow.
Jacky xox

p.s. arent the kimono linings fantastic for this type of dyeing?