Sunday, March 8, 2009

The Start of Something New

I've started a new quilt this weekend, as well as an important new quilt collaboration. I am jointly making this quilt with my 13 year old daughter and its proving to be lots of fun for us both. I'd been thinking for a while that I wanted to make a new quilt for one of my close friends daughter, who is also 13. She still has the baby quilt on her bed which I made her when she was born so I've been feeling for a while that she was most deserving of a replacement.
Fortunately both the girls are close so when I suggested we make it a joint project my daughter thought it was an excellent idea. There has been full consultation on the design, fabric and layout and at the moment she is thoroughly enjoying sewing up the blocks that I have cut for her.
After dinner tonight she said that she really wanted to get back to the sewing machine and make some more - my husband just shook his head and rolled his eyes. There is just no getting away from sewing in this house!

At the rate she is going this will be one of the quickest quilts ever - and I'm also willing to predict it may well be the first of a series of collaborations. She is truly my daughter!

3 comments:

Ali B said...

How lucky you are to have a daughter like interested in sewing - many happy collaborations are coming! Looks like it will be a lovely quilt.

And the Japanese tea cosy is just beautiful as well.

Marilyn said...

It looks really lovely - so vibrant and happy, And so great to be able to create more eye rolling in the house. Just wait till we get a bit of graffiti knitting ready to clasp a lamp post - we may have a young fit collaborator to assist!

Jacky said...

How lovely to make a collaborative quilt with your daughter.... loving those fabrics and I'm sure your daughters friend will love it too.