Tuesday, January 6, 2009

New Year - New Inspiration

When you catch sight of this...being put up in your local Botanical Garden you just know its time to re-enter the world of blogging. Who could resist this? Well actually, I know the answer to this as one of my children almost hid under the dashboard of the car at the sight of his mother leaping out of the car, camera in hand. Yet again, he was horrified. I however was delighted.It's still a work in progress and is being put up for the Wellington Botanic Garden Artist Project as part of the annual fun that is our summer festival. It won't be finished until Sunday 11th January and will then remain in place until 1 February - I'll post more pictures as it progresses.
I'm yet to find out who is creating it - either Heidi Threlfo or Sayaka Ishizuka - or maybe even a joint venture... all will be revealed as I learn more.

It's been a while since my last post but I can report that the wedding quilt was very well received and we all survived the heat of Townsville. Since our return I've been progressing a few projects. The quilt that I felt "coming on" in November is developing well and is up of the design wall. It's going to be similar to the quilt I made in memory of my grandfather, which I have previously posted about. The story of this quilt, along with several photos, is in the latest issue of New Zealand Quilter, which has been quite a thrill.

This new quilt will also be a memorial quilt and it will feature pieces of linen that belonged to my Auntie Dorothy that I was recently given. As part of it I've also embroidered a number of pieces for it onto damask napkins.

I'm pleased with how it is coming together and would like to get most of the top put together by the time I go back to work next week...we shall see.

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

I wonder if the children feel the world is turning agin them! Fabulous isn't it - I think it's Heidi but not sure... Keep that camera at it.

Marilyn