Saturday, January 17, 2009

The stitching continues

All progressing well here - I've been busy getting on with the quilting of Friday Morning Coffee and enjoying the chance to spend more time with the piece ans I man handle it through the sewing machine (why are my quilts so large?). I'm trying out a much smaller grid pattern on this quilt that the previous version - its looking good so far but of course will take more time...

I passed through the gardens a couple of days ago and the tree is looking resplendent in its doilies - so I tried for some different types of shots which in time I may even try putting them onto fabric to experiment with.
Just so you don't think that the only places that I can ever find mosaics are in Australia, here's a particularly fine example made by the children of Thorndon School, here in Wellington. They obviously have some really creative and talented teachers there, with a real bent for art making, as some of the works that spring up around the school really are impressive.

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

Love your idea of putting those doily photos onto fabric - bags could be an idea and then overstitched.

Jacky said...

This installation is fabulous... have you seen the guerilla knit up of Grrl+Dog in Sydney. Really taking off and looks amazing (dneese.blogspot.com/)